Tall and beautiful!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below is my Paph. Fanaticum blooming in 5 inch pot. I can't believe it, I got 4 blooms open all at the same time. The sheaths have been there for more than 7 months. It's hard to get a leaf span but on a previously bloomed growth I measure 13 inches. The length of the spike range from 14 to 17 inches. The natural spread on the flower is 8.5 to 10 c.m. It's really interesting to watch how the flowers open. They start out with a somewhat pointed pouch on a small flower and then expand every day for about 5 to 7 days. On this clone, I can't smell anything. These flowers are pinker than the last Fanaticum that I posted. The funny thing is that tonight I noticed the flower had died and fallen off of the other plant, but now I have this one to enjoy.

65PaphFanaticum.jpg

This is a close up on the flower on the far right. This was the first flower to open.

65PaphFanaticumjpg1.jpg

Wow! I think this is the first time I've seen a fanaticum with more than 2 flowers at the same time... It is breathtaking!!!

Latest posts

Back