• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Taiwan orchids through Let talk plants & Tiny Jungles

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hien

Reaction score
Last edited:
by the way,
when you go to Let's talk plants & Tiny Jungle website,
you will notice that they have four import dates a year on the upper right corner,
I believe you need to let them know what you want at least a week before those dates,
I am sure the more lead time you give them the better they can gather all the plants on your list & paperwork to be imported from Taiwan
  1. April 5 – 7, 2019
  2. May 17 – 19, 2019
  3. July 20-21, 2019
  4. September 2019 date to be announced

Last edited:
Hein, do they offer any interesting Phrags?
I am not sure , I don't see any phrag in their extensive plant list & flask list.
I think Hung sheng concentrates only in amassing the best paph species clones and to propagate these specimen parent stock plants. Maybe because of geographic location of Taiwan, it is easier for them to acquire plants throughout Asia & South East Asia.

http://www.hungsheng.com.tw/index.php?module=slist&mn=2

http://www.hungsheng.com.tw/index.php?module=slist&mn=1

I bet they don't want to compete in the Phrag field, where North & south American breeders dominate, and plants the Taiwanese have difficulty acquiring.

Last edited:
BTW, STF put together an order from Taiwan years ago, for over 100 plants. there were problems with the small size of the plants. I wonder how many are still around! :(
I will of course check this out. If anyone else here is interested, which dates would you order for?

BTW, STF put together an order from Taiwan years ago, for over 100 plants. there were problems with the small size of the plants. I wonder how many are still around! :(
I will of course check this out. If anyone else here is interested, which dates would you order for?
I believe you could order directly with let talk plant/tiny jungle... I don't think you have to order as a group any more.

Bob, for those prices, they better be bigger!
Eric , it is relative to what you are looking for though, would you say a tiny 1 carat diamond worth more than a 10 lbs rock.
How about another test?
between the 2 talk show hosts, I would guess many of us would chose Tyra Banks over Rosie O'Donnell. :)
Sometimes size is not the determination factor.

Last edited:
Ok, the link still isn't working but if they have micranthum album and henryanum album, I'm in.

Ok, the link still isn't working but if they have micranthum album and henryanum album, I'm in.
The link works before , but you are right something happens (I probably will email tony to tell him that his link does not work) however in the mean time you can go to their main website
https://www.thetinyjungle.com/#/
scroll down to the banner showing THE TINY JUNGLE X HONG SHENG ORCHIDS
click on the "shop now" button, it will bring you to the same place HONG-SHENG ORCHIDS, there is a Hong-Sheng Orchid nursery list download File near the top.

Tony should type the correct name 'Hung Sheng instead of Hong Sheng :)

Latest posts

Back