Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Persephone

Reaction score
Here is my collection of 1 paph.
It is finally in bud.
I'll try to upload a couple of photos.
I promised myself that I would buy more only after this one bloomed.
It's been almost two years!
I have no idea of 'her' identity, but will update this thread and hopefully when and if she blooms someone can help me out with ID.

Attachments

• Persephone 001.jpg
    Persephone 001.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 59
Another upload attempt

following Heather's instructions for photobucket- even though I don't quite understand them.:eek:
Persephone014.jpg

congratulations! slippers can be easy or they can be hard! I think it is wonderful you got it to bud! :)

Bluefirepegasus

Actually

that's the first African Violet that I have been able to keep alive and bloom. As a matter of fact I used it to encourage my Paph to bloom, asking it if it enjoyed being shown up by an African Violet. I think I need to get more of both, and I guess that we won't be having our morning coffee at that table much longer.

It seems to have started spiking just after I placed a vase of stargazer lilies on the table. I wondered if their strong scent triggered some sort of survival mechanism in my Paph sensing competition for resources.

OK, now you know, I do believe that plants are sentient. :eek:

Congratulations! The first orchid I ever got to rebloom for me was a maudie type paph also. It feels so nice when you see that you finally got one to bloom! Now you had better make more room because a year from now, you will have more than 50 plants, trust me! I bet you can get that phal to bloom too if you put it somewhere that stays below 70-75 all day and night for a few weeks. Good luck!

eric, let them dry out. Even the ones I have in s/h i let the reservoir get dry before I water again

African Violet success....

I water it about once per week. Keep it in a deep saucer and put the water in the saucer. I use African Violet food each time I water. The table that is sits on is in a bay that has the larger window facing south. There is an old maple tree outside so none of the plants get burned.

It's coming!

Here are a few shots of Persephone opening. Can anyone tell me what it is?
This is the one that I bought two years ago without a tag. OK, so maybe I threw it out or something. Please pardon the lack of photographic talent...I'm just learning and please indulge all the baby pictures.

Attachments

• Persephone3 002.jpg
    Persephone3 002.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Persephone3 003.jpg
    Persephone3 003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Persephone3 012.jpg
    Persephone3 012.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Persephone3 013.jpg
    Persephone3 013.jpg