Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!
A few more days and it will open more.
It looks like it's going to be very pretty.
We may not be able to ID it, but whoever posted earlier
that you should make more room was right.

You've done GREAT!

Craig

ps....the pictures are nice too.

Well she's finally opened.....

Now maybe someone can clue me in to what she is... Please!

oops - attachments didn't work - I'll try again - forgot my photobucket account name...

But...but...but......

What is it?
What could be the possible taxonomy?
I know that it can only be a guess, but it's got to be more specific than a paph.

It's a Maudiae..right?

Thanks for the compliment.

Wow!

I didn't realize that was here.
Thank you!

:clap:

Now I can figure out what I want to get next.

Your "Maudiae" type of flower reminds me of a plant I had a few years ago, called Raisin Jack. The cross is of Paph sukhakulii (species) by Gloriosum (man-made hybrid). This crossing tended to through "spots" into the dorsel, similar to your flower/plant. I would say most Raisin Jacks have narrower dorsel sepals then yours. So your plant could have come from Rasisn Jack but unlikely a striaght R Jack. Have you gone back to the place of purchase and ask, they may have records or start looking in the web for hybrids that have Raisin Jack as a parent.

Good Luck,

Rick

Thanks Rick,

I got it at the NY Botanical gardens two years ago. When I went to the Orchid show there last year, they couldn't help me out. But the information you gave me is certainly a big help. Now that I have proven to myself that I can keep a slipper alive, I'm ready to purchase a few more. :D

Thank you.

Teena

Latest posts

Back