Susan Tucker x sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtwist

Crownrot Prince
Reaction score
Only open a few days, so not sure if the petals will lengthen more from the sandy and if it will turn whiter. Pleasantly surprised considering the wildly different parents though.

385a520c60bb1ab754e634cc89c70b13.jpg

db899e0f4770cf756cc0e66a4b287f18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, this is much better than the typical speculative sanderianum novelty hybrid. I wonder if it could be a stepping stone to much wider petals on novelty/complex breeding lines?

Personally, I like the concolor yellow background of it.

That is nice. Love the pastel colours. Just the one flower then?

Fraid so, this time. Growth is quite small considering the sandy parent (about 20cm lspan) so maybe more on a bigger growth to come.

I wonder who made that cross? I don't see any trace of sanderianum............so I "doubt" there is sanderianum in the blood.

I wonder who made that cross? I don't see any trace of sanderianum............so I "doubt" there is sanderianum in the blood.

The plant came from Schwerter in Germany, in fact its still for sale on their website, though I believe they get alot of stuff from Taiwan which is probably where the cross was actually made.

I thought at first the same - wheres the sandy gone? - but you can see it in the pouch shape and the ruffles in the petals that have developed now. Plus, white is always dominant in paphs, so the STucker was always going to show more.

Thanks for all the comments.
Chris

282d7e986cd7b98ade6d48b0f4731b45.jpg

Thank you, Chris. The flower is a little bit better now....but I still don't think I will add it to my wish list.
I have both of its parents(not the specific clones)in my collection, so I don't think this cross has any improvements....(just my opinion)

Latest posts

Back