Susan Booth?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelink

Reaction score
d113ec0561b6b9207fdc3491787ff55a.jpg
b03fabea95c24b8131a6cf94df483229.jpg
cc71a3e5b5cc0a6c6840234aa5d2e222.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is absolutely fantastic. I love everything about it. Great flower presentation. I wish it was mine.

I wonder if this is Susan Booth crossed back with roth (Paph Wayne Booth). It seems very roth dominated and the flowers look very big.

Looks to me like a bel royale x roth, a good one

Nothing like it. Nor is it St Swithin. I will guarantee my life this plant has praestans in it. The dorsal is all praestans as is the yellow colour. This is most likely either Susan Booth or Wayne Booth.

There are so many hybrids nowadays, this could be anything.... but it is a damn good anything!! The inflourescence and flower presentation is not common for susan booth nor the flower size

There are so many hybrids nowadays, this could be anything.... but it is a damn good anything!! The inflourescence and flower presentation is not common for susan booth nor the flower size

That is why I think it is more likely to be Wayne Booth. What is not open for debate is that this plant has roths and praestans in it. That is clearly evident. The only other possibility is this is a complex hybrid involving three or more species - eg Susan Booth x St Swithin. I guess we won't be able to make a definitive call on this plants id.

When paph. glanduliferum var. praestans x roths, it was named Susan Booth some time ago.

I'm thinking/guessing St. Swithin x praestans. The praestans is obvious, and very dominant in influence in this case. The petal shape & stance strongly suggest roth. And the pouch color (or relative lack thereof) is about what I'd expect for a phil hybrid. To me 50% praestans, 25% roth, 25% phil fits the bill.

Latest posts

Back