Super Rubies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
(besseae x warszewiczianum black)

small flower huuuuge plant. a bit of a disappointment. not sure how a besseae and a popowii can
produce such a big plant. not sure either if I'm keeping this one. takes up way too much space.

Phrag Super rubies zoom juin2019.jpeg Phrag Super Rubies plant juin2019.jpeg

give it another year to see what it does?

I'll probably do that. It climbs a little and I want to repot it and cover the base and see if it would help the next growth bloom better since it would have it's own root system. We'll see.
I was also thinking of crossing it back to popowii. but I'm not sure if I'll have the patience to wait seven to ten years to see the first bloom. :eek: ;)

I agree, the size and proportions are not what I'd expect for this cross. Even if it were a 3N or 4N plant, which might explain the foliage, I'd anticipate significantly larger flowers as well. The petal stance is a bit unusual in that the petals are held fairly horizontally, so maybe that's a redeeming quality.

Hi! I have the same plant it has been in a flower pod doing nothing for a month how long does it take to open, the flower does not seem to have blown just doing nothing

Is your plant size as large as Silvans? That one seems way too large for the breeding.
Hi Mr. Kalina,
The label said it is besseae x humboldtii so I assume the seedpod parent is besseae but I am not sure. Flower natural spread is about 7 inches. I am flasking this plant cross with kovachii. 56806511_2274995805891424_5027442009481150464_o.jpg

Back