Sunset Valley Orchids inquiry

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawarthapine

Kawarthapine
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a few plants when Sunset Valley Orchids does a SOOS presentation in a few months.

Can anyone vouch for the quality of plants from this large West coast greenhouse?

From their website it appears they really specialize in catts, blc's encyclias, but also do several other species and hybrids.

Link to site: http://www.sunsetvalleyorchids.com/

Fred is a really great guy and has some really cool plants. I ordered last time he was here as well.
Send an email if you don't already have the plant list.
I submitted my order for catasetinae today!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Amazing seller and all around good guy. I order from there about once a year. Last time I ordered, one was just a Mormodia off the list, he sent me a plant with about 60 buds on it! That plant now has 6 backbulbs and 8 new growths. I haven't bought any paphs from him, so I can't vouch for slippers, but he's had several awarded multis recently.

Fred is a first class guy. I learned a lot from him when Julie and I got the opportunity to drive with him from Minneapolis to Duluth and back. His seedling culling regimen, based on allowing only the most vigorous plants to survive, insures any plant you get from him is a strong grower and quicker bloomer for that type.

You guys are evil! :poke:
I went to check it out and ended up with bunch of cattleya species.
Just after I promised myself to not buy anymore this year...

Latest posts

Back