Summertime blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the parishii at the bottom of your post and like the Iantha Stage a lot too, although I've never seen one with the petals carried in that fashion. Maybe that's why I like it.

That first photo is a parishii hybrid, correct? The Iantha Stage is reminiscent of something involving Paph. supardii, any chance that's a Paphiopedilum Wössner Supsuk?

I thought the first one was a hybrid as well. But who knows?
The last one definitely looks more typical and I like it a lot! :)

I vote for a hybridic origin of the first one, too - due both to the form of dorsal sepal, the atypical colouring of the central parts of the petals, the shape of the shoe, and the strangely elongated form of the staminodinal shield (compare with the photo of the third plant's flowers, which in my eyes seems to represent a typical parishii).

I like the flowers on that last plant a lot - even when feeling the tug at my heartstrings, when I think of the demise of my own most beautiful and immense plant, which went to orchid heaven due to a vicious brown rot attack under treatment for mealy bugs...
:sob: :sob: :sob:

Kind regards,
Jens

thanks for the comments.
The first is labelled as parishii 'WOC' X self. Ill check with the hybridiser

The Iantha stage is an old (apparently awarded ) clone. Leaves look like mu other IS. Not likely to be a gigantifolium hybrid, too 'old'. Its the first time Ive flowered it so we will see if the petal stance changes as it matures and the weather is 30+C !

They are all really nice. The IA has an interesting petal stance. Great spots on the petals. The first one looks like a hybrid to my eyes as well. The whole look is wrong for a parishii. The petals seem very long.

Latest posts

Back