sukhakulii x Tonsuk 'Mary'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcoholic

Reaction score
This has always been a very reliable bloomer and a nice flower (I think).

Please critique.

Thanks, Michael

Lets see if this works...

sukhakuliixtonsuk080225kl0.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of suhakulii and its hybrids, but darn that is nice...I especially like the large petals.

It is not better than a good sukhakhulii actually, but it is nearly impossible to tell apart from a sukh... We had already Supersukh masquerading as sukhakhulii, but if we start to have that kind of plant around ( more vigorous, so more likely to be for long in the collections), we will loose many, many genuine species in cultivation.

it is nearly impossible to tell apart from a sukh... We had already Supersukh masquerading as sukhakhulii, but if we start to have that kind of plant around ( more vigorous, so more likely to be for long in the collections), we will loose many, many genuine species in cultivation.

Sanderianum,

I'm not sure what you mean. If the meaning is that it's possible that some unscrupulous people will put a species name on a hybrid and sell it that way, I don't think that should be a reason to not make the cross. If it doesn't provide a step forward, that's probably a good reason (unless you're just doing it for fun and not to sell.)

The petals on this has a lot more substance than a species sukh. Whether or not that's worth the making of it in the first place is a good question.

When you upload a photo you'll get an address for the image. In this case it's
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9248/sukhakuliixtonsuk080225kl0.jpg which will show up as a link now because I didn't want the photo to show in my posting. But if you put it between these tags
it will show up as the photo. Try it and see if you can do it.

Candace,

I tried, really, I really did. Where exactly is the link? Is it after I upload to ImageShack. If so, I couldn't insert , [\IMG] anywhere I tried.

I put the picture under the posting, where it says "Upload your images to ImageShack". The place the picture is located on my computer show up in the box next to browse. I click on host it!. What exactly do i do next.

I would like the image to appear right in the posting, if possible.

Michael

Latest posts

Back