Suggest about Phrag. Schroederae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

Greenorchid

Hi all:)
Today I've visited the greenhouse of an orchid vendor, specialized in Paphio and Phrag.... In means to thousand wonders, my heart stopped in front to a bloomed plant of Phrag. Schroederae... Sp, 'cause he asks 50 euro for these plants, and they are not a joke for me, I would want to ask if someone has some photo of a truly beautiful Schroederae, to be able to make some comparison and to understand if the price could be right....:)

Candace

Reaction score
If you go to the search feature at the top of the page you can perform a search in the phrag photo section to see if someone has posted a photo.

G

Greenorchid

Thanks Candace :)
I've searched but i found only a photo or two... Maybe my english is not by my side, i asked for some example of a good Schroederae, even if it is not of property... 'cause i'm not so expertized to judge by my own...:eek:

G

Greenorchid

Thank you very much Ron, but now i don't understand if it's a good one or not :p

It has very long ''moustaches'', more than the one i've seen by my vendor...To say the truth, I am doubting also that that one was not a Schroderae.... :confused: It could be also a Sedenii....maybe wrong label, as often happens....

G

Greenorchid

Thank for your giving your point of view, Kentuckiense:)
To be totally honest, neither I wouldn't pay all these money.... but in Italy there is not a great number of vendors who sell Paph. and overall Phrag. :mad:

G

goldenrose

Claudia - do you have a digital camera? If that greenhouse to not too far, take a picture & post it, we could better give an opinion.

Carol

Reaction score
I had a Phrag Schroederae 'Claire' AM/AOS that I split into 4 divisions and sold off at our society meeting. They tend to be "shy bloomers" and this one was one of them. It bloomed once in 3 years. After I split it, all 4 divisions spiked, wouldn't you know it.

G

Greenorchid

Claudia - do you have a digital camera? If that greenhouse to not too far, take a picture & post it, we could better give an opinion.
Unfortunately, the greenhouse is pretty far from me... and when i gone there,i forgot my camera...:(

G

Greenorchid

I had a Phrag Schroederae 'Claire' AM/AOS that I split into 4 divisions and sold off at our society meeting. They tend to be "shy bloomers" and this one was one of them. It bloomed once in 3 years. After I split it, all 4 divisions spiked, wouldn't you know it.

Maybe that should be the reason why in the greenhouse there were so many biiiig plants of Phragmipedium Schroederae and only one flower....