succulents...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetmorrisart

Reaction score
I love my succulents. These are just a few of the hand-picked honors students. They all bloom wildly in the summer with diminutive yet pleasing flowers:

succulents.jpg

Thanks for posting those! I love succulents, used to grow them and cacti when I was a teen.

I'm glad you guys like them. I could easily become addicted to these too, but have elected to use some restraint and only add one occasionally. I believe the little guy at the left is some variety of Haworthia cooperi. The translucent windows at the top of each leaf are extremely cool, as is the rosette growth habit.

I also love succulents. A friend gave me a succulent wreath last Spring, which is now all leggy and overgrown. I'm going to pinch it mercilessly, hopefully gaining lots of new plants as well as pinching new life into the wreath.

Until my orchid collection took over, I had a pretty good collection of succulents and cactii. I love their variations in shape and texture.

Eric, the watering is pretty intuitive (as usual). Obviously you don’t want to over do it. I give them a thorough soaking (when it’s sunny) and let them dry out and stay on the dry side for awhile.

I’ve got some from the Crassulaceae family, but pulvinata is my only Echeveria.

This is really terrible… As long as I don’t do more looking, I’m content to just enjoy the ones I’ve got! I believe my husband’s recent spastic statement regarding the Marvel Legends figures he collects (and decorates with) covers everyone’s problem here: “Yeah, I’ve got a lot, but there are so many I DON’T have…” It’s pretty signature-worthy actually. Thankfully, I dig the figures and he likes the plants!

I love succulents too! (Heather will xplain why.) The Haworthias are totally adorable and look really happy to boot.

Latest posts

Back