Substrate for cypripedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on your kinds of humus and how light he is.
For some kinds I use humus, with Toresa and perilte.
Some kinds of cyps like to grow in that kind of mdeium, but it have to stay light and fresh. .

Why mix it with humus ?. What effect ?

The only reason I would use it would be for the beneficials in the humus. If you don't want the beneficials then coir is a cheaper option. I believe coir is what Orchids Limited uses to grow there Cyp. mixed with perlite.

If you use humus, You have to feed it to have the beneficials work and try not to use salt based fertilizers.

other substrates

Akadama + Perligrant

Kanuma + Perligrant

Ingredients:

Charcoal

Oystershell

Coconut Peat+Polystyrol

Are you planning on dividing your cyps? Or are you expecting a big shipment of new stuff? That's a lot of substrate you have divided over those crates.

dividing cyps

Hakone,

have you divided cyps before? Have you any tips?
When I did it a couple of years ago most of the plants went backwards in the following season.
They took at least a year to recover and I was very careful, following Mr Weinert's example on his web site ( www.cypripedium.de) to the letter.
The most important thing I discovered was to keep the roots damp at all times when out of the substrate.

Regards,

David

Currently, Germany is in warm (unusual, 10 ° C, 50 ° F
), So I'll divide Cypripedium.

In Munich 12°C....but be careful, there was no year without real cold winter and I´m sure, it will come

Hopefully it will come.
Have Ice packs on the formosanum and change it every 2 days, to keep them cold.
My wife call me crazzy.
They are calling for snow on thursday. So hope it will come

Latest posts

Back