Strange Blooming 'Windy Hill'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
The second bloom has opened and the size is extremely diminutive compared to the 'Oaxaca' clone. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I have to say I've been unable to locate a photo of the 'Windy Hill' but since it received an HCC, I think that this has to not be the usual way it should bloom. Any idea what might cause this? I don't know how long ago it was divided, I did repot it when I got it from Marilyn but the fact that both the flowers so far have been so tiny has me wondering what's up. Both flowers have been exactly the same, and don't seem to fully open.

I've attached a couple of photos - the first of the 'Windy Hill' flower and the second of the 'Oaxaca' for comparison. I apologize for the photo quality, they're a little hard to photograph!
wh4zp0.jpg

img15882vp5.jpg

I have also emailed Marilyn, maybe she's seen something like this before?

Its just pissed off cause it has to live with you now :poke:

I was thinking it was stress from something, either newly repotted so the roots were disturbed or dividing. I bet it'll be fine on the next blooming.

Latest posts

Back