stonei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
I really struggle with these. I think it is because my temperatures drop too low in winter for them to grow well. They are very slow under my conditions and bloom seldom.
Not the best clone by a long way, but hey, it is in bloom!

Elegant petal stance! When I spoke at one of the semi-annual Slipper Orchid Symposiums years ago in Pretoria, I recall some of the SAOC members used bottom heating mats in winter to heat the pots w/o having to heat the entire growing structure. Are you doing this as well?

Last edited:
How cold do you get Gary?

I probably keep mine warmer (about 60 F min in winter).

I like how big the flowers are on this species. They do pretty good for me, I could almost get my roth-lust fulfilled by stonei:eek:

I recall some of the SAOC members used bottom heating mats in winter to heat the pots w/o having to heat the entire growing structure. Are you doing this as well?
I do have three heated benches, but they have fallen into a state of disrepair, things have been a bit hectic this year, so I have had little time to look after things

Very good blooming, what are your winter temps?

How cold do you get Gary?

My winter night time temperatures go to below 10 degree C, with the odd night dropping to around 3 or 4. Quite a few orchids struggle, among the paphs, the south sea species die and some like stonei seem to struggle.

I do have three heated benches, but they have fallen into a state of disrepair, things have been a bit hectic this year, so I have had little time to look after things

My winter night time temperatures go to below 10 degree C, with the odd night dropping to around 3 or 4. Quite a few orchids struggle, among the paphs, the south sea species die and some like stonei seem to struggle.

Yeah 50F is below what most of us would do. Need more thermal support:eek:

Latest posts

Back