stonei or Lady Isabel?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
i was looking at Tom Hillson's website and saw this picture. one comment suggests it's not stonei. the other one says it is. i'm not sure. i think it's Lady Isabel, though... maybe a different photo would have a different result, but...

I would say that it's not a stonei. The petals has to much markings and the staminode is brown with a much more distinct knee witch stonei doesn't have. To me that is clearly a beautiful Lady Isabel!

Looks more like Lady Isabel. I could see it also being Lady Isabel crossed back onto stonei.

Doesn't look like a straight stonei to me... looks like roth in there, but I'm no good at guessing hybrids :)

- Matt

Nope - I have a hybrid that this photo is a dead ringer for:
I'Ansonii = (Morganiae x rothschildianum) registered in 1898
Morganiae = (stonei x superbiens)

The flowers do look like a Lady Isabel on steroids. Orchids by Hausermann was selling seedlings of a remake of this cross way back in the 1980's. So good to know there are still a few around.

Definitely not Paph stonei......You can see the influence of Paph rothschildianum with the coloration and the "bent-knee" staminode which is very distinctive. Has to be Paph Lady Isabel

Latest posts

Back