Star Wars

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's an interesting thought but I dont buy it. Obi-Wan was very much against Anakin and Padme's relationship. Doubt he then goes down the same path.

Did Anankin have a sibling? ie is Rey another 'immaculate' conception or true sib?

Could Rey be a descendant of Lando Calrissian, who has a child? Its conceivable that Lando's connection to Luke etc and the Rebels allowed his offspring to learn the ways of the Force???

Will watch again tonight here in nm with friends of my mothers; will watch for details (I hadn't noticed that there was a name written on the helmet, all went by too fast)
I read a huge long comments thread somewhere else last night, lots of theories! I hope Rey isn't related and does something different than the other movies

@ the theater now, mothers friends daughter in Texas says no tickets available anywhere; people rolling into theater to wait in line for tickets (we bought ours yesterday :) )

Last edited:
It was good! Easier to watch without 3d

At the end, when she climbs up and Luke turns around, there is no recognition in his eyes and hers just show uncertainty, he only has despair from the past. No idea where the chief bad guy has come from though he could have been palpatine who didn't die when thrown down and face is all messed up (but I'm completely ignorant who that snooks is supposed to be)
Finn could be lando calrissians son, he has same expressions and voice.
And when she is remembering someone dropping her off as a little girl it's the junk trader who is holding her hand and talking to her

http://www.latimes.com/business/hil...the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html

I think this review is a little harsh but someone is on the same page as me.

This article does nothing but bash its creators and no real constructive review of the plot. It's just a cynical report on the goals of Disney. I once read a similar review for Schindler's List (because Hollywood was exploiting the Moses theme to attract as many Christians as possible). But I can understand how you feel, you know too much about Lucas's vision ( BTW, that's a compliment)

It was good! Easier to watch without 3d

At the end, when she climbs up and Luke turns around, there is no recognition in his eyes and hers just show uncertainty, he only has despair from the past. No idea where the chief bad guy has come from though he could have been palpatine who didn't die when thrown down and face is all messed up (but I'm completely ignorant who that snooks is supposed to be)
Finn could be lando calrissians son, he has same expressions and voice.
And when she is remembering someone dropping her off as a little girl it's the junk trader who is holding her hand and talking to her

Except for your thoughts about Finn, I saw it much the same way.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hil...the-force-awakens-stinks-20151226-column.html

I think this review is a little harsh but someone is on the same page as me.

A very cynical view. It does allude to the commercial world we live in and the 'realities' that brings. I think TFA is a very solid platform for a new series. How else would they do it? Can't have an older/fatter/wrickled Luke and Leia leading another series; hence Rey, Fin and Po.

I must say I didnt see the "big reveals" coming or indeed how the film would conclude (pause might be a better word).

A very cynical view. It does allude to the commercial world we live in and the 'realities' that brings. I think TFA is a very solid platform for a new series. How else would they do it? Can't have an older/fatter/wrickled Luke and Leia leading another series; hence Rey, Fin and Po.

I must say I didnt see the "big reveals" coming or indeed how the film would conclude (pause might be a better word).

Well for one they could have not plagiarized large portions and ideas of the movie. Droid with plans, large Death Star, powerful child hidden in desert planet, relationships between characters, whole scenes with characters that mimicking bother scenes etc etc. The movie could have been less convenient. Unless some serious explaining is done the ideas of the force and how it is wielded are inaccurate. If Rey is another imacullate conception or more talented than anakin I won't watch another movie. That is way too convenient and takes away from the specialness of previous starwars which was about the tragedy of anakin. A person with unlimited potential wronged by the light and the dark. So in 30 yrs we have another person more inherently connected with the force than anakin. When he was the most inherently connected ever in recorded time. Just because jj says so? It would invalidate all of his starwars movies.

One thing that was mentioned on another discussion site was in other maybe sw cartoon series there had been Jedi who had died but passes themselves along to another so to speak in some way so that she could be an awakened other with full capabilities dormant so to speak.

Saw it in 3D only, IMAX was in a galaxy just too far away...

The only requirement I have with entertainment is that it is entertaining. I was entertained. I also was pleased that I wasn't over stimulated with effects as in the Hobbit series that were way over the top IMO.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/3...ent.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

Seems I'm not the only one. George Lucas echoes many of my sentiments. The truth is the movie just wasn't that good or original. It was decent but still a disappointment. Hollywood has some love affair with jj. They should have followed Lucas's story line and used his input. It's a shame the real starwars are still in Lucas's head.

Saw it last night in 3D.

Well put together movie, very entertaining so long as you don't over-think it (or think about it at all). The only 3D stuff that really stood out to me was the text in the final credits...

Its is either (a) pretty obvious that Rey is some how related to Luke/Leia, there is just too much unsolicited tenderness and emotion there. Why doess Leia hug Rey at the end instead of Chewee who she has more history with? Or (b) this is just bad story telling like in the Narnia movies were the characters have all this emotion for a lion they have never met before... Mark Hamill isn't the world's best actor so the look of wonder in his eyes might just mean nothing...

I think it is still worth seeing the next movie.

Happy new year!!!

Last edited:
Scavenger..........

Seen it yesterday. It was fine for $11/tik. Reclining seats with large arm rests.
To me, Rey really likes to fight, and win.
To me, Luke has no fight left in him. I think Rey will push him to get back in the game.

I would see it again on big screen. Maybe in two weeks.

Just watched I-III again. Hadn't seen them since they were in theaters. Much better than I remembered. Bad acting, but great story lines. Revenge really grabbed me. I think my new order best to worst goes 5, 4, 3, 7, 6, 1, 2.

Rey and Ben are sibs.

I doubt that very much. There is no recognition by Han or Leia that she is their child when they meet. She was 'abandoned' as a young child so they would recognise her and she would recognise them.
And it would be the cheesey-ist story line ever if the Luke and Leia scenario was played out again.

Latest posts

Back