Star Wars

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a fundamental underlying similarity to ESB while being different than New Hope. You see it in LOST and Abrams nailed it.That's all I will say about that

Yeah, I agree this one felt a lot like ESB in tone, though superficially the plot tracks ANH in so many ways. I hope all the echoes of the originals are setting us up for interesting twists in the next two.

Yeah, I agree this one felt a lot like ESB in tone, though superficially the plot tracks ANH in so many ways. I hope all the echoes of the originals are setting us up for interesting twists in the next two.

Well, Abrams will remain as the producer , I believe , and we have seen what he did with LOST and Fringe.. Plot twists galore

I thought it was just a remake of the original with new characters plots nearly identical

I suspect Abrams wanted to make it accessible to people who haven't seen the previous trilogies ( I know a few people and a lot of kids who haven't). It was made well enough so that you stay engaged without being confused about some event that needed a backstory. For these people, continuity would be really important to provide for a bridge to the cinematic structures, characters and plots of the original trilogy. (The prequels can stand on their own). It's not an easy feat to accomplish this, IMO. It would have been much easier just to reimagine these elements in a completely unique way (such as what Ronald Moore did with Battlestar Galactica)

Latest posts

Back