Stand in the place where you live

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

Now face north.

Here is my backyard. Literally. If I demolished twelve apartment buildings and fourteen condos, this would be the view from my patio...

phoenix1.jpg

phoenix2.jpg

phoenix3.jpg

This red rock formation is also just across the street from the Phoenix Zoo and Botanical Garden. Yeah, a garden. I didn't believe it either.

So now it's your turn, stand in the place where you live and take a photo.

This views from my window at sunset... the window faces east, and the sunrises are amazing. However, I am rarely functional at those hours, and have never taken the pictures. These photos have not been touched up in any except for resizing.
DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

DSCN0498.jpg

When it rains, I love the gray skies:
DSCN0487.jpg

And then this happens:
rainbowoverbridge-1.jpg

This set of bay windows are the only windows that look out onto anything, the other windows face walls, but I cannot complain. I love my apartment, despite its "coziness."

Tien, those are awesome photos, and awesome views!

I'll have to try to take some pictures this week. I think it will look a lot like John's series...

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow. Nice shots guys! Shady - haha! This is a fun thread...I hope more people post. I wish I had such views.
You guys are going to have to wait a few days for mine. And then you'll laugh. :)

Tien - where are you? My sister lived close to that tower on the hill, on Joost. Are you close to that?

Heather-- I am not familiar with Joost. Do you know the cross street? It could be one of the alleys, and I am so terrible with street names. I live four blocks down from Grace Cathedrale, near all the big hotels on Nob Hill.

adiaphane said:
Heather-- I am not familiar with Joost. Do you know the cross street? It could be one of the alleys, and I am so terrible with street names. I live four blocks down from Grace Cathedrale, near all the big hotels on Nob Hill.

It was near 11th and in between Market and Mission. If that helps at all. I haven't spent much time there (google maps rocks!), and now she's in Oakland. I love the Bay Area though!

That's a different neighborhood. The neighborhoods are completely different! Everyone here is really quiet and you have to walk down the hill if you want to go anywhere. Parking can sometime take over an hour, and there are steep hills everywhere.
--Edit---
Thanks for reminding me John! I lose my head sometimes.

Last edited:
I think this has been a great thread so far. But I just wanted to interject here for just a second and ask people not to post street names and directions to their actual house. I know there is a very slim chance Freddy Kreuger is going to look you up and take your face, but this is the internet, and you never know who is reading.

Ok, enough of that. Let's see those photos!

I originally grew up with a view of the NYC skyline. I am now a country boy, I live on 10 wooded acres about 2 miles to a cute hamlet that built up around a stagecoach stop in the late 1700's. The first pic is of my pond looking towards the house. The others are of a few buildings at the end of my road at the hamlet.
P5190002_edited.jpg

one room school house
PDR_0150_edited.jpg

old church
4df2097b.jpg

this was the stagecoach stop and is now a tavern/restaurant
PDR_0146_edited.jpg

This is being used as a shed on an old farm but as far as I have been able to research it was originally a settler's cabin and most likely the oldest building surviving here.
PDR_0159_edited.jpg

This building was originally a general store and stables back when but is now being used as a furniture store
PDR_0147_edited.jpg

the next two are a couple of old farmhouses along my road
PDR_0158_edited.jpg

PDR_0180_edited.jpg

Whew! I was going to post "real" pictures once I get my internet connection restored at home but now I'm having second thoughts.....:p

I need to move. But where?

Here's my neck of the woods.

From the front porch (notice the subdivision going in across the street)
DSC07458.jpg

From the back deck
DSC07461.jpg

And the most wonderful thing I've ever smelled blooming on the deck, a first bloom yellow Plumeria
DSC07466.jpg

Jon
________
IDRIVE

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back