Stand in the place where you live

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was such a serene, foggy morning, and the colors were softly muted. I thought it might be a photo-op for this thread:
Looking South from our deck:
BackYardScene.jpg

Looking North-West from our front porch:
FoggyMorning.jpg

And North-East from our front porch:
FrontYardScene.jpg

kentuckiense said:
Harry Lauder's Walking Stick to the lower right, correct?
Yes. I like it a lot, but so do the Japanese Beetles!

Heather, the area we live in is a haven for wild animals. We see deer almost every day -- two moms and each has two fawns, plus last year's yearlings and probably some bucks, though they make themselves quite scarce. And of course, we have racoons, oppossums, garter snakes, red squirrels, fox squirrels, black squirrels, chipmonks, muskrats, even mink and one time we saw a couple of freshwater otters -- that's a river beyond the pond. Even have our neighbors' cats & dogs. And of course, lots of birds. One of our favorites is a great blue heron. Yesterday morning, we woke up to a lot of squawking, looked out and saw these two huge herons having a territorial fight over our pond. It was quite a scene.

Even though we both grew up with cats, dogs, horses, cows, etc., we have no domestic animals at this time. My pets are my 350+ orchids.

Yes we have bluebirds as well as hummers, orioles, six or seven types of woodpeckers, including pileated, red squirrels, grey squirrels, flying squirrels, racoons, there are beaver in the pond, bears, deer, have heard, but not seen timberwolves, osprey, eagles, redtailed hawks, a resident woodchuck named "Worthy Charles", loons, great blue herons (they have a rookery nearby), ........I haven't even started on the tree frogs, etc. I just love it here!:)

I don't have quite the acreage some of you have, but I'm liking my new place quite a bit so far.

Here is a picture of my next door neighbor (my view from the bedroom), the town hall.
img0530at7.jpg

My other neighbor is supposed to be a pretty good diner, and I am enjoying waking up to the smell of bacon frying every morning. Unfortunately, it was too busy this morning for me to get in and out in time for work, so I had to settle for a latte from my other next door neighbor, Main St. Coffee which I enjoyed sitting out in front of my house (where I get great internet connectivity! yay!)
This is not a great photo, but I went to take pics just now, and people were sitting out front, so I figured I'd better use this old one from farther away.
img0468rz9.jpg

I think they are expanding, and putting in a bar next door (in between me and the coffee shop). It seems like a pretty classy place. I am a little nervous though, because the wall in my apt. that abuts the new bar, is brick (which is good) but, my apt. was clearly an addition, and the windows in the brick wall were fitted with shelves, and I can hear all the work they've been doing lately through the thin wood. Luckily, it is not in my bedroom.

This is the marina three blocks from my house.
img0473he2.jpg

I wish there was a view of the ocean from the hill I live on but there are buildings and trees and such in the way.

Latest posts

Back