Staminodium Question - Megastaminodium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also by definition the term "large" is completely relative. Within the single four letter prefix it is impossible to include how much and with what reference the term Mega refers to. That's why a description follows. Otherwise a name would have to be a paragraph long to meet Hakone's criteria.

Science (among numerous life activities) is based on comparison of one thing to another. Numeric ratios are used in all forms of science, art, economics and engineering. Given the scope and purpose of the new sub genera name, it just seems like the adherance to absolute comparison of other species staminodes is rather an imflamatory argument.

Totally agree.
If someone would like to find an absolute description, he/she better try Buddhism.
:D

Is the term " large " completely relative , then ameniacum , malipoense and vietnamense are valid " Megastaminodium " :sob:

Your math question sounds like the guy who counted out one dollar bills thus:

One for you and one for me. Two for you and one, two for me. Three for you and one, two, three for me... (etc.):D

Back