ST colaboration: gratixianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a small update, eventhough the plant is carying two pods it has decided to put up another spike. :clap:

IMG_2252.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

Oh my goodness is it ever loving life!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

What a beautiful, healthy plant, and nice flowers and pods! I'm wondering what a (gratrixianum x sanderianum) x sanderianum would look like, or just gratrixianum x sanderianum. Same with (delenatii x sanderianum) x sanderianum.

This morning while watering my plants I noticed that the first seedpod had split.

IMG_2458.jpg

I cut of the second as well as it was already turning brown and I didn't want it to pop during next week while I was at work.

This afternoon I dropped it of to get it sown, so it's not in my hands anymore what happens with the capsules.

Let's cross our fingers and hope that they contain seeds and germinate.

Very nice Marc.

I just sent some exul capsules on to Troy Meyers for flasking last month.

Pretty nice that everyone's plants are on a similar schedule in two different parts of the world.

Thank you Rick, I'm planning on doing more breeding with Paphs and other Orchids as well.
Currently have some plant to make some Dendrobium fleckeri hybrids, planning on recreating Golden Glory ( fleckeri x tetragonum var. giganteum ) and Dendrobium Hastings ( kingianum x fleckeri ).

Good luck with the sowing....

(why not produce species too? Den fleckeri is lovely!)

Six weeks after bringing the seeds to the person that was going to sow them for me I contacted him and he hadn't done anything with the seeds. Will contact him one of these days but I dont have a good feeling about this.....

Latest posts

Back