springs here = time for a few new babies ^^

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
anyone have any paph suggestions to fit these criteria

(1) short necks... i really dunno wat to do with the long ugly necks stretchin for my windows...
(2) easy to grow
(3) not huge...
(4) is a species/primary hybrid

thx. concolor has spiked my interest, hehe

my growing conditions:
due south unobstructed window that i shade, intermediate temps from 12-30 from winter low to summer highs

thx

If you like concolor, then other brachys or brachy hybrids could be good.

Are you referring to the height of the inflorescence when you say "short necks"?

If so, delanatii is always nice, and most of the other parvis are pretty compact, though some have fairly tall spikes.

wilhelminae is a nice compact multifloral.

yes i was referring to the influorences, haha.
other brachys eh, hmm ok. i guess i could look into that
i have a small moquetianum X delanatii. that should probably bloom next year.

i heard multiflorals are hard... that true?
and i see that brachys like lime?!

am i gonna be in trouble...

looks ok, niveum looks good too.
i plan to grow them s/h. any complaints?

and the trouble im in is referring to the lime or that im getting hooked? haha

Of all my slippers, Dr. Jack (niveum x concolor) is one of my favorites. It is very compact, and my plant has a bloom on it now that opened before Thanksgiving and is still fresh and bright on the first day of Spring!

2211427142_a7fe1a6e52_m.jpg

mark, that looks cute ^^ and flowers that last from before thanksgiving until now and they STILL look fresh eh? haha, i wish i could say the same for my phal noid, haha!!

fairrieanum looks scary **shivers** haha. while i was look at pic, insigne looks pretty but itz huge... i rather save my 'big space' for my future phrags. paph tigrinum looks good, they hard to grow?

im probably gonna get myself a concolor and something else when i get my paycheck soon

My fairrieanum looks like it is in sheath and it has quite a small leaf span. It's going to bloom earlier than suggested by the vendor.
Here is my niveum from last year. I didn't get the flowers to last as long as Mark. Is there a secret?
DSCN1767.jpg

Get a helenae or paph barbigerum or one of its crosses.

brachy crosses, or brachy x parvi crosses (like the Deception II at Cloud's) would be suitable. ;) tigrinum can be a bit tricky.. just do a search for "tigrinum" on this site and you will read all the frustrating stories of bud blasts.

Or as Fren suggested, anything with helenae or barbigerum in the parent would fit your criteria.

Latest posts

Back