Spring Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

G

goldenrose

:clap::clap::clap:
You might be surprised what Tom grows outside!

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
:ninja: knock, knock! DEA!
Nope, no dope...Japan is very strict about any controlled substances and if you get caught, you don't want to know the consequences...

Yes, I grow all these outside, plus many more. If you read a list of the plants I grow (or try to grow) in my yard, it would read like some spaced out botanical garden. Due to a very unique climate that is overall extremely moderate you can grow anything from truly subtropical stuff to truly temperate stuff all in one garden. Of course being the maniac that I am, I push those limits to include north temperate and tropical species as well, but those guys are right at the edge of their ability to survive - some make it, some don't, others just sulk!

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
I've been looking for a Gastrochilus matsuran -- any chance you know where I could get one, Tom?
Hey Dot, I know you've been looking for this one for some time. Sorry to say I don't know any sources in the US, but this Australian nursery had some in flask a while ago. I sent seeds to folks in Europe and America, but none germinated:(

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Hey Dot, I know you've been looking for this one for some time. Sorry to say I don't know any sources in the US, but this Australian nursery had some in flask a while ago. I sent seeds to folks in Europe and America, but none germinated:(
Thanks for the lead, Tom. I wondered if you remembered how much I liked your plant when you posted it on the other forum. I'll contact Burleigh Park to see what is possible.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Hey, Tom -- Thanks for the tip. I now have some matsurans coming from Australia, via Botanica, Ltd. Great folks to work with, both from Botanica and Burleigh Park!

Latest posts