Spot On

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achamore

Reaction score
One of the plants I bought from Sue Adams, originally from Woodstream Orchids, apparently. An unusual staminode cap, so am also posting a close-up of that.

This will have to be my last posting in the forum. I leave with a heavy heart, but I came to the forum for orchids, not politics, and I can't bear having someone's wishes for the next US presidential campaign put in front of my eyes each time I check in on the forum postings. It is for me the equivalent of him posting support for the Ku Klux Klan, and it is NOT what I came to this forum to see. So I will go to theorchidsource.com forum instead from hence. Very sorry to leave, but feel I must. :(

The other orchid forums suck bad, I've tried them, the orchid source, is the best of the others, still very inconsistent and regulated, moderaters withhold postings and responses

Please don't leave!!!!!
We love your wonderful photos and stories that go with them.

I see what you're saying, but those are just a few ( or is it that one person here with the stupid little note) and majority here are not like that.

Also, you can opt for hiding posts made by people you rather not see. You will still see them when you are not logged on, which is a bummer.

I wish this forum had a rule not to talk about politics.
As you say, this is a hobby website with specific and unifying subjects.
No need for politics. I really don't get it.
Plus, we can make whatever rules we want here. This is not a government party.
People can go leave comments FB, news website comment sections,,, I mean options are plenty and why do we have to do it here on orchid website?
We need to do something.
It only serves to hate each other and most of us probably won't ever see each other face to face. So isn't it necessary?
Clearly the answer is no!

Hmmmm, I don't see any of what you mention. But then again I stay to the forums regarding orchids only.

While I agree with your opinion about this country, I find it amusing you can't come to ST because of it being thrown in your face... yet you live in Great Britain.... not much of a better track record in terms of crazy right wing rhetoric and racism ;)

Merry Chrishannakwanmis!!:D

(...)
This will have to be my last posting in the forum. I leave with a heavy heart, but I came to the forum for orchids, not politics, and I can't bear having someone's wishes for the next US presidential campaign put in front of my eyes each time I check in on the forum postings. It is for me the equivalent of him posting support for the Ku Klux Klan, and it is NOT what I came to this forum to see. So I will go to theorchidsource.com forum instead from hence. Very sorry to leave, but feel I must. :(

WHAT A SHAME! I absolutely understand your motivation for leaving this forum. I'm not amused about that kind of political comments too. That's why I added Clark to my 'ignore list'. So I don't see his agitation. And I don't read the threads with politics or other hobbies etc.

But on the other side, I sometimes like to know what some of these Americans think and feel and why they do it that strange (IMO) way. And I think one has to discus and add ones own sight and has to argue against. But then my English isn't good enough to discuss serious themes without misunderstanding. This is evan not easy in my first language.

Please don't leave this forum!
We all are here because we love Paphs and Phrags and other orchids. This is the forum with the most knowledgable members. I would be very sad if this forum would be worse off another respected member!

Unfortunately I have noticed that there aren't as much threads with much different input as in former times. Maybe some of the more knowledgable experts don't have enough time or there is to much politics in this slipper orchid forum ...

Achamore, I enjoy your posts and being here. This is the best forum. And it is also easy to block posters who create things you don't want to see. Of course you don't have to go to threads which obviously will have negative content. To go to a negative thread, then complain that it's negative, well then whose fault is that? I speak mildly, and hope you stay. I also learned from your ice cream posts, and was inspired to try adding virgin coconut oil to chocolate ice cream recipe, excellent

I also try to play hearts online in a tournament where there is a high percentage of buttheads, and the ignore feature is the most pleasant thing! Certain ancient crotchety old ladies who constantly trash talk and then say who me to stir things up, end up being toothless old bats because their voice is squelched. So relaxing! Lol

Nice flower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a way for me to block all posts from Clark, I will be happy to stay. Can someone please explain how to do that? BTW I have not looked at the political threads. Clark's post on the first page of this thread, with his signature shouting his support for Trump - that's what I am talking about. As I said, I come here for the love of orchids, not to have political extremist views thrown at me.

Click on that user's profile, click add to ignore list, then click on "save list". Problem solved. ;)

And please stay! :)

Don, please use the ignore list and stay with us. I think
many of us are confused and uncomfortable with the present political situation and need friends to talk to about
it. Those who are offensive can be ignored.

Can someone please explain how to do that?

Choose one of his posts, click on his name next to the avatar and choose 'view profile' on the context menu, user profile will open. Then click on 'add to ignore list' - ready.

This way you can get a trash free forum.

And make sure you only look at this forum while logged in, otherwise you will see everything. lol

I've just gotten used to it now. Without filter, I just mentally skip those to be skipped.

Great photos you post always! :)
Thank you for your positive contributions to this forum.

Wow! I didn't know that you could so easily "ignore" someone in this forum..! That's a great feature, now employed by me. I'm happy to stay, now that I don't need to read posts from someone making continual political comments.

It IS easy and I hadn't noticed either until it was explained.
What a relief! Whew!!! Of course you made a statement using
Plato as opposed to Aristotle...big contention in philosophy depts.
at universities. I'm rather a Plato person myself.

Back