Southland Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but this show really declined from last year. Andy's is always amazing, but the other vendors were mostly selling phals, vandas, and catts. Michael Koopowitz had a display that was pretty nice, and these photos are mostly from that.

Harold Koopowitz:

Paph Memoria Billie Machado
Southlandshow2007005.jpg

Paph Earnest Read 'Dallas' HCC/AOS
Southlandshow2007007-1.jpg

Paph charlesworthii
Southlandshow2007008.jpg

Southlandshow2007009.jpg

Paph Lynleigh Koopowitz
Southlandshow2007010.jpg

Paph henryanum 'Big 'n Bold'
Southlandshow2007003.jpg

Southland Grand Champion
Southlandshow2007018.jpg

Southlandshow2007020.jpg

Is that a catepillar on the dorsal of the Paph Memoria Billie Machado (very first photo)?

Julia, slight correction on the name...it's Harold Koopowitz. I think Michael is the name of his son. All in all he did have some wonderful plants!
That cochleanthes was also variegated!
Some of the paphs are his new "mini-paphs' or teacup paphs.
Peter.

Thanks for the great photos Julia!
Neo-guy you just had to mention -"That cochleanthes was also variegated!", it's fabulous !!!

There were several AOS awards too. The one's i can remember are:
The cochleanthes CCM/AOS
the epi. porpax CCM/AOS
a large brachypetalum, 2 Little Charleys, Paph henryanum, Paph. charlesworthii.
Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures.

The cochleanthes really caught my eye. I have one in bloom now and I think this year the blooms are larger than ever before. They love to bloom, especially since I moved it under T5 lights.

I was there as well. This was my first visit to the Southland show so I have nothing to compare it to, but the Huntington grounds & conservatory are worth the visit alone. The artwork in the gallery is amazing & the grounds are top notch. Only came home with a couple of plants - a Jumellea comorense, an Angraecum for a friend, and a nice Gastrochilus acutifolius from Andy. I woulda brought home a couple of Vandas but the greenhouse isn't quite ready yet ...

Latest posts

Back