Sorcerer's Apprentice 4N X warscewuczianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far it tend to bloom in the summer, but I am certain it will bloom more often as I get more mature growths. Vegetatively it is smaller than Sorcerer's Apprentice, and certainly Les Dirouilles. BUT it is not a dwarf by any means.

Here are the pics of of this 7529 that bloomed for me...

Right after the first bud opened, and not finished stretching...
lowiifriends006-1.jpg

and here it was about a week later outside...
IntisTears005.jpg

Here are the pics of of this 7529 that bloomed for me...

Right after the first bud opened, and not finished stretching...
and here it was about a week later outside...

How long are the petals on yours now. That is such an interesting plant. My petals are starting to stand out a bit more, not so droopy as when it first opened. It has a third bud which I hope will open soon. I'll post a pic when that one opens.

Grandma, you know I don't what they turned out to be...it was bigger than the ones i found awarded in E-AOS, but I can't check that now because that program went on the fritz, I uninstalled it, and am waiting for the new program that was due to arrive several weeks ago. I think the one Pat's Orchids, the 'Nuana' clone was the biggest, can anyone check?

This particular plant/flower is the one I left at judging back in Aprilish, and has never been seen again. While the judges thought it was OK, they wanted more color, I guess following Magic's line of thought. What did me in possibly was this AOS judging day was the same day that the GNYOS show opened and was being judged, and Piping Rock had one in their display that was very dark. I agree with the comment on the honey color being more atractive. The flower in the picture was beautiful with morning or evening light coming through from behind, it had great honey tones and you really saw the red picotee on the petals.

I hope someone is enjoying it. :wink: The one I replaced it with (same cross) has three mature growths and five new growth, hopefully we'll see something from it this fall and have another to compare with.

Latest posts

Back