Sophronitis/Cattleya cernua 4N 'Elizabeth Grace' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaborne

Reaction score
One I got awarded back in October. So far, all my well established cernua, both 2N and 4N, bloom twice a year. Typically better blooms in the fall.

lovely. How do you grow it?

My greenhouse during the summer has max temps around 89-90F near the wet wall, and 96f on the opposite end of the greenhouse. This particular plant probably sees 94f max where I have it located. So this species does not need cool temps. But lots of air movement. This one is potted, however I have much better growth from my others when they are mounted. So I will probably mount this one at some point. I do let them dry out before i water them again.

Very pretty. I may try one of these, now that I know that they can be grown warmer, unlike coccinea.

Very pretty. I may try one of these, now that I know that they can be grown warmer, unlike coccinea.

You could try a 4N coccinea which can have some warmth tolerence. I have one that is mounted and is still going strong. However, every one I've tried potted has not made it. A 4N cernua also should be more warmth tolerant.

Beautiful flowers!!!! What size were they? Jean

Thank you. This blooming they were 3.5cm. When awarded last fall, they were 3.7cm. In comparison to my 2N cernua, as you would expect, this clone has a thicker flower substance and better color too.

Latest posts

Back