Some variation of Paph. victoria-mariae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramadayapati

Reaction score
483980_10151393376338843_221991878_n.jpg

I took the photos from a local nursery in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia, several years back. All wild specimens from the same provenans. Most of the specimen has very long silly rumpled flower stalks so i need to be selective in order to using them for further hybrid program and those are the results ;

Enjoy..

This variation is amazing, thanks for posting! You say you've breeding on with these?

This variation is amazing, thanks for posting! You say you've breeding on with these?

Yep, just currently using them quite intense. I found the progeny could be very adaptive with lower altitude of hot tropical climate. The wild specimen could thrive as well but producing less flower and slightly smaller compare to the highland cultivated plants.

They need lower pH to germinate and takes 5 times longer regards from other cousin in cochlopetalum sections to grow and develop, and somehow sensitive with salts and Fe. Other problem may occur from less desirable agroclimate for the seed plants.

Thanks for the pics. We don't see too many in the states. The one on the top left is excellent.

Beautiful flowers of a rare cochlo. My favorite cochlo by far. I used to have one but lost it some years back. I actually got it as a noid, imagine my surprise! I'd love to have one again some day. Thanks for sharing!

Great to see the variation. Have you maintained the record of the origin?

Yes i do,
Its all specimen from Barisan mountain range, mostly collected from bukittinggi payakumbuh in West Sumatra province alongside the sub alpine forest near the craters, Mt. Talak in North Sumatra province (never been found again), including supervolcano toba, the largest volcanic eruption ever recorded (74.000 years before present). Some habitat area changes into agricultural land like citrus and potato plantation. Other specimen collected in southern part of the mountain range like Mount Kerinci in Jambi province. Never been found associated with lime, usually shady-wet area on a watery leaf litter seepages as terrestrial or with soggy substrate surrounded by a thick alive moss which constantly misted on andesite lava cliffs.

Latest posts

Back