Some, um, art

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really good work...

Not far from Sweden is the birthplace of another famous artist, Tom of Finland. But I think his style is a bit different :D

The Batman

I bet I've forgotten a lot of them... But here's a sample anyway. Unfortunately, I never got in touch with any of the Marvel or DC comic's superheroes until later. Of those Batman rules! :D

I am a great Jack Kirby fan and have a lot of old Silver and Golden Age stuff, Fantastic Four, X-Men... Have you read Frank Miller's Dark Knight/Batman stuff?

These are wonderful drawings. But TinTin should really be spelled Tintin. I remember the enjoyment of french comic strips particularly in Pilote Magazine, first home of Astérix and Obélix. There was one with cats dressed up as fighter pilots and flying their jets in combat. I wish I had kept those. What was I thinking throwing them away, or perhaps it was my mother who did it while I was in University. That was a long time ago.:p

Hmm... I thought I had posted a reply already, but either I forgot to actually submit my reply, or ST decided it didn't want to submit it.

Anyway, what I wrote was that I've tried starting drawing/painting again, and as a good starter, I decided to go with a portrait of a horse's head (I've drawn horses since I was a kid, so I can practically draw one in my sleep).

This is only a sketch so far, but I'll start painting it today (on the computer, I can't paint IRL):
8186733661_795deee5ae_z.jpg

I also realized I hadn't posted the last finished painting I did before becoming too depressed to do anything art related. I decided I had to do some serious practice at drawing faces, found a black and white photo and tried to make as an accurate copy as I could (with the aid of a grid). Unfortunately, I tired before I finished it, which is why the temple in the shadowed part of the face, looks so "flat" and plastic/unfinished:
8187813988_e2027584ec_c.jpg

I am a great Jack Kirby fan and have a lot of old Silver and Golden Age stuff, Fantastic Four, X-Men... Have you read Frank Miller's Dark Knight/Batman stuff?
I have Miller's The Dark Knight Returns so the answer to your question would be yes. :D I really like it and it's one of my favourites of the few Batman albums I've managed to get my hands on. When I have more money I'll see if I can find more of his Batman stories.

These are wonderful drawings. But TinTin should really be spelled Tintin. I remember the enjoyment of french comic strips particularly in Pilote Magazine, first home of Astérix and Obélix. There was one with cats dressed up as fighter pilots and flying their jets in combat. I wish I had kept those. What was I thinking throwing them away, or perhaps it was my mother who did it while I was in University. That was a long time ago.:p
Thanks for correcting me on the spelling of Tintin. :) I've only read the Asterix & Obelix albums since my father collected them and I really wish I had a comic collection of my own... I really love comics in almost all forms and shapes, but I can't read it if it's to badly drawn. :(

You should get Miller's 300, Electra Assasin, and Ronin also. maybe I'll lend you mine. :D I can't believe you like One Piece, there is so much anime I like I'm embarrassed. I am going to see if I can get some Squidbillies DVD's and I'll share w/ you.

I'm getting annoyed at either my incapability to actually hit the Submit Reply button or ST's refusal of letting me post! :mad:

Anyway, this is how Mr Horsie looks now (I've screwed up on the mouth, have to fix it but I'll do that tomorrow):
8188619343_5fec0dd497_b.jpg

You should get Miller's 300, Electra Assasin, and Ronin also. maybe I'll lend you mine. :D I can't believe you like One Piece, there is so much anime I like I'm embarrassed. I am going to see if I can get some Squidbillies DVD's and I'll share w/ you.
And Sin City! Loved that movie even if I hadn't even heard of the comic when I saw it. :rollhappy:

I'm in the middle of practicing my drawing skills and this means a lot of time is spent using references and trying to make almost perfect copies of them.

This is the one that I'm most proud of at the moment, a value practice of a hunting dog:
expectant-copy.jpg

You can find the original here: Dog Stock 203

It's done in Photoshop CS3, using a Wacom tablet and it took me forever to finish.

Wonderful! I'd love to see more of anything you create when you're in the
mood. Your Plague reminds me of the character in the Larson trilogy who
should have looked like that in the American version of the film.

Latest posts

Back