Some, um, art

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
So, when I'm not buying myself to death with Phals or ignoring my university studies, I might pic up a pencil, or a digital brush and draw or try to paint for a bit.

I have a thing for comics, both western and Japanese style (manga) so there's a lot of that. Otherwise I try to learn how to use colours by painting in some fitting computer program. So far I haven't learned a lot but if I keep doing it it might improve one day.

I draw either fantasy, urban fantasy, "horror" (I can't really do it since I suck at drawing monsters - they all end up looking cute), and it's either in manga style or a realistic one.

Let me see if I have something I dare to show you...

(I copied the same post I made on OB 'cause I was too lazy to write something different - I think this is a sign of being a member of too many forums)

65971d1332444691-some-um-art-borzoi3-copy.jpg

65972d1332444691-some-um-art-boy-w-pet-.jpg

65973d1332444691-some-um-art-fishy.jpg

But I feel I can't be bothered with the manga stuff at this forum though. :p

Because I'm LAAAZYY! :evil:

Oh, alright then. I only have black and whites though. The first are characters from a manga I came up with that hasn't even made it to the script stadium and then there are some pages from my first try at making a manga. I still have so much to learn in regards to different tones, inking, and most importantly of all, to not stop while I'm half done!

65974d1332444964-some-um-art-apocalypse-calamity-copy.jpg

65975d1332444964-some-um-art-apocalypse-dearth-copy.jpg

65976d1332444964-some-um-art-apocalypse-death-copy2.jpg

65977d1332444964-some-um-art-apocalypse-plauge-copy.jpg

Pretty cool stuff. Although i'm quite mature in age i still read and collect a couple of comix. BattleAngel Alita is my favorite now. Thanks for sharing.

Pretty cool stuff. Although i'm quite mature in age i still read and collect a couple of comix. BattleAngel Alita is my favorite now. Thanks for sharing.
Hehe, I'm in a quite mature age myself (physically at least) but I've always loved comics. From Rip Kirby - Tin Tin - Spirou - Dylan Dog - Turtles - Akira - One Piece - Batman. So yeah, I'm a bit of a geek. :rollhappy:

What, no orchids? Very, nice work. I should have you design my next tattoo.
Nope. Have never drawn an orchid. Or any other flower now that I think about it. Oh, I lied! I have actually drawn some red roses in the background of a non-finished picture. They got pretty okay too, being a first try and all. :)

You are very talented.

Plague reminds me of a character on yuyu hakusho. Did you happen to have that character as an inspiration?

Very cool artwork! Is this a sample of a published on-going storyline?
It's ongoing (at least in my head) but non-published.

You are very talented.

Plague reminds me of a character on yuyu hakusho. Did you happen to have that character as an inspiration?
Nope, never heard of that one actually. He does remind me a bit about L in Death Note so I would say that he is the one I used as inspiration. :)

Nice! What western comics did you read or collect?

You need to do Orchid Hunter comic story! I bet it will be a hit on this forum!

Paphman910

Oh dear... I think that's going to be quite a list (if you didn't mean western as in the Wild West of course, because then I've misunderstood).

Here are some of those I know I really loved and some I still love:

Asterix & Obelix
TinTin
Spirou
Gastón
Fin and Fiffi (Suske and Wuske in Belgian, and Spike and Suzy in English)
Lucky Luke
Yakari
Buddy Longway
Some Jona Hex
Preacher (they canceled the magazine before it was finished though)
Witchblade
The Darkness
Garfield
Swedish Mad
Rip Kirby
The Phantom
Turtles
Dylan Dog
Lenore
Beetle Bailey
Hägar the Horrible
The Batman

I bet I've forgotten a lot of them... But here's a sample anyway. Unfortunately, I never got in touch with any of the Marvel or DC comic's superheroes until later. Of those Batman rules! :D

Latest posts

Back