Some tigrinum action

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I got these 2 seedlings from Sheerwood Orchids in 2002. They've been pretty slow growing for me, but it looks like some big changes are in the works.

A spike on one and a new growth on the other.

Very nice! My experience with these is that once they get moving, they grow like weeds... hope yours do!

Matt

I should qualify my previous statement.... the spikes are rarely fast growers :) Prepare to be bored or frustrated by your sheath. The plant growth will expode, with any luck.

Matt

Tigrinum is actually an easy, fast growing plant...spikes easily..but its true that the spikes are slow growing, taking their time until blooming. Be patient...tigrinum is very prone to blasting in its first bloom attempts, but after a few it gets more resilient and the blooms survive more reliably. Take care, Eric

Thanks guys. I'm kinda anticipating a blast based on the experiences I've heard from you all on this site, and its only a single growth plant. Also I'm used to slow bloomers like esquirolie and malipoense.

But I'll go nuts if it does bloom succesfully.:crazy:

Latest posts

Back