Some seedling progress

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xmas germinations:
Prince Edward of York 'Sublime Botanical Noodliness' x rothschildianum 'Mt Millais' FCC/AOS, etc etc etc. PEOY x roth xmas 2021.jpg

Dactylorhiza viridis
Dactylorhiza viridis 12-24-21-1.jpg

Platanthera clavellata (ostensibly, I pollinated it with grandiflora, but being such a tiny thing, it's very likely that I just accidentally selfed it. )Platanthera clavellata prob. 12-24-21-3.jpg

Because I told Leslie that if it ever bloomed with 7, I'd take it to judging. I never said WHEN I'd let it bloom with 7. And I'm SO not dragging a 30lb, 3-feet-in-all-directions plant to judging in February lol.
I’m astonished that you could bring yourself to chop it!

Oh, that's easy. I am a grower of roots; flowers are incidental. At this point I see no reason to let it bloom unless there are going to be 20-something flowers at once. Besides, I have half a dozen slippers in spike to keep me visually occupied.

I mean, for a good grower with confidence, why not? hehe
By the way, is that SFG Wotan?? If yes, how many flowers did you get since that last time? I remember it being pretty big clump and you were expecting a big show.
And what is it crossed with? micranthum again? I want one!! :)

That's Wotan's sibling, Fricka. It decided to bloom its flowers out of sync, so I'm breeding it this year. Wotan lives with my friend in California, lol. This is x Chou Yi Ladywings; I'm curious if anitum's tendency to enhance segment width will come through. Three more flowers to go yet.

Latest posts

Back