Some seedling progress

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cute little things!! Some may stay small due to thaianum influence but others might grow out quite large for the cross.
I have a thaianum primary that is larger than either parent species. Go figure!

I'm inclined to think other way around: most will bloom in 2in pots and a few outliers will get big. Ross's seem to be staying tiny and he didn't use thaianum as the pod parent, like I did, which could theoretically help them stay a bit smaller. We'll see, though. We'll see. I've got 75 chances to get what I want, lol.

That's what I meant to say. You would expect most out of such a pairing on the small side since both parents are small & compact.
By the way, the plant I have has thaianum as a pod parent. just saying. haha I don't believe thaianum being a pod parent influences the size of the resulting progenies any more than when it is used as a pollen parent unless there has been enough numbers to cross examine this and confirm.

Only one way to find out. Which thaianum primary do you have?
Just two. Thaianum x armeniacum and then thaianum x some kind of brachy I can't remember.
T x A were mostly in the shape of a mini armeniacum but the one with the best flower is like a giant armeniacum in plant appearance. That's the only one I kept. The brachy hybrids are still babies so I will have to wait until they start to flower.

I have seen a very nice example of thainum x suk online. wish you the best!!

Tnyr5 - Well done on the Crytopus! I have only ever grown dissectus and elatus, but I absolute love this genus and it's crab-claw like petals. Pls post a pic of the flower when it spikes.

JL

Tnyr5 - Well done on the Crytopus! I have only ever grown dissectus and elatus, but I absolute love this genus and it's crab-claw like petals. Pls post a pic of the flower when it spikes.

JL
Ugh dissectus is a dream plant of mine, but sadly, even seed is unobtainable here.

Latest posts

Back