Some seedling progress

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

tnyr5

Reaction score
Xmas germinations:
Prince Edward of York 'Sublime Botanical Noodliness' x rothschildianum 'Mt Millais' FCC/AOS, etc etc etc. PEOY x roth xmas 2021.jpg

Dactylorhiza viridis
Dactylorhiza viridis 12-24-21-1.jpg

Platanthera clavellata (ostensibly, I pollinated it with grandiflora, but being such a tiny thing, it's very likely that I just accidentally selfed it. )Platanthera clavellata prob. 12-24-21-3.jpg

richgarrison

Reaction score
June to December (I put a digital white dot on one leaf to mark it as the same so it would be easier to follow):
When I do that the fans always blow them off. How do you get them to stick?

;-)

tnyr5

Reaction score
20211227_003954.jpgPlatanthera Bea Pinkepank (ciliaris x blephariglottis) This is why you put them in 6in pots. These are big enough to bloom.

Reaction score
Because I told Leslie that if it ever bloomed with 7, I'd take it to judging. I never said WHEN I'd let it bloom with 7. And I'm SO not dragging a 30lb, 3-feet-in-all-directions plant to judging in February lol.
I’m astonished that you could bring yourself to chop it!

tnyr5

Reaction score
Oh, that's easy. I am a grower of roots; flowers are incidental. At this point I see no reason to let it bloom unless there are going to be 20-something flowers at once. Besides, I have half a dozen slippers in spike to keep me visually occupied.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
I mean, for a good grower with confidence, why not? hehe
By the way, is that SFG Wotan?? If yes, how many flowers did you get since that last time? I remember it being pretty big clump and you were expecting a big show.
And what is it crossed with? micranthum again? I want one!! :)

tnyr5

Reaction score
That's Wotan's sibling, Fricka. It decided to bloom its flowers out of sync, so I'm breeding it this year. Wotan lives with my friend in California, lol. This is x Chou Yi Ladywings; I'm curious if anitum's tendency to enhance segment width will come through. Three more flowers to go yet.