Some schillerianas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here goes. I like #1 the most. Nice open form without any reflecting at all. A nice broad and flat apical lobe on the lip. Wonderful lip color, very nice veination with a cute white picotee. Petals are broad and almost completely covered with those chocolate purple markings! Sepals well held making for a flower with exceptional form.
Flower #2 is just as nice with a clear white top to the base of the lip that conceals the column. Flower one was bright amethyst. Personally I do not prefer one over the other, love then both!!!
The only knit picky thing I see on the left flower on number two, the lip doesn’t present quite as well as the first one.
Flowers on #3 are more reflexed, plant looks a bit stressed. Flower segments on three feature fine speckling. Lip on three is not flat enough.
The judging standards on C. schilleriana are pretty high but I would love to look at 1 and 2 at the judging table!!! They could get quality awards.

I'm a great fan of C. schiileriana .... so to see all your lovely flowers is a feast for the eyes for me and made my day. 👌
As others already mentioned .... #1 is the best also in my eyes. Hopefully my C. schilleriana will flower this year for the very first time on the new sprout she is about to produce.

Thanx Leslie. They seem to have found the place in the greenhouse they like to grow. I’m going to try some additional ‘media’ on the mount to see if I can get a little fullness in the pseudobulbs. Although they get water almost daily. It’s clear they need some more.

Latest posts

Back