Some rose photos to share

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy

Reaction score
IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

IMG_7620-2.jpg

(Clockwise from top: Neptune, Rouge Royale, Abraham Darby, Souvenir de la Malmaison)

Some roses with peculiar scents, great for sniff bottles :)
(1) Rouge Royale - lychees
IMG_7613.jpg

(2) Mrs. B. R. Cant - raspberries
IMG_7467.jpg

(3) Scepterd' Isle - liquoricey
IMG_7564.jpg

(4) Rhapsody in Blue - spicy
IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7469.jpg

Some more photos....

Abraham Darby
IMG_7629.jpg

Vineyard Song
IMG_7366.jpg

Souvenir de la Malmaison
IMG_7543.jpg

Molineux
IMG_7382.jpg

Black Lady
IMG_7493.jpg

Neptune
IMG_7492.jpg

I've been intoxicated by their scents and beauty :smitten:
Hope you like the pics!

cool pics thanks!!! Unfortunately here is winter now :eek:, so not many roses (maybe 'christmas rose')! I esp. like Black Lady!!! Jean

Awesome photos and growing!! Thanks for the winter rose fix. Wish I was there to see and smell all your wonderful blooms!! My Safrano Tea rose finished blooming last week when we had a cold snap,so all I have blooming now is a few Fairy roses.
Love your Rouge Royale-not familiar with this one-is it an English Rose? And your Mrs. BR Cant is delicious. Tea roses do very well here too, they can definately take the heat of summer. Also adore your Molineux.
Are you rooting rose cuttings in the smaller pots?

Molineux is wonderful. I like how you display the blooms. It calls attention to the color and the whorl pattern.

Thank you all for your kind comments! :):)

Replying Diane and Dot's question, I use the small pots for growing rooted cuttings, or tiny own root plants that I got in 2" pots. I usually strike rose cuttings in the shade, with perlite or with the floral foam method. With perlite medium the cuttings need enclosed environment for maximum humidity, but with the foam method they environment can be more airy.

Diane, I love roses with heavy dose of tea parentage too! Rouge Royale is a hybrid tea made by Meilland in France. The growth is very typical hybrid tea, with large coarse leaflets and all. I think it's the bestest rose I have :D Lots of blooms and high petal count even in the heat of summer.

Here's a photo I took just now:
IMG_7648.jpg

Rouge Royale with two English Roses Abraham darby and Charlotte.
Most roses can grow well here, but unfortunately without proper winter rest the great old roses such as Madame Hardy cannot flower here :eek:

Latest posts

Back