some recent photos from DC way

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MoreWater

photos from the NCOS show

As you've probably heard, lighting in there is always awful.

A couple of highlights (for me). I was glad to see Al of orchidexchange's Ren. there:

J&L's display was fun to look at as always. I tried to label a bunch of the plants on the linked photo.

Many of the tags in the large view of Marriott's display are legible. I loved the Dimorphorchis lowii and of course the Trichoglottis brachiata.

The whole set is here.

(flickr tips. slideshow is easy to view. Click the photo for pic title and blurb. Photo Page may have more info, like notes on the pic that are visible on mouse-over)

US Botanic Garden

Not all that much going on there right now, except that Zelenkoa onusta (mounted on cactus) is blooming (and I missed the Stan by a matter of days). I also had a wide enough lens to get most of the orchid room into a couple of frames (it's a tiny room):

The rest are here.

You did a good job with the photos! Thanks for posting!
The IOS show was this weekend, an hour away. It was hard to refrain from going, just ordered a new GH furnace, couldn't afford the temptation!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. I especially like the fact that you also give the names of each of the orchids on your site. Thanks again

Is that just one renanthera plant or are they in a group picture?
Do you know the name ?

Thanks - I try to get the names as much as possible, because that's why I go to these shows. (To add to my wish list, :rollhappy: )

The IOS show was this weekend, an hour away. It was hard to refrain from going, just ordered a new GH furnace, couldn't afford the temptation!

You did good. My wallet is regretting the visit. Why do I feel compelled to buy plants I've previously killed :confused:

I dug up the name on the Ren. It is Renanthera Fire Coral and will have the clonal name 'Leesburg' once Al get's stuff taken care of. It's one plant and got 91 pts, CCE :clap:

I've watched it grow for a few years now and it's probably my favorite plant in his greenhouse - it's pretty much been in bloom every time I've visited. It's quadrupled or more in size in the last 2 years.

It's also in this photo:

Back