Some Recent Blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share.

Too bad that the dorsal and petal on the violascens is a little wonky

The tranlienianum is just starting to open today.

Tyler

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 48
  • resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 29
  • resized 3.jpg
    resized 3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 47
Yay! My violascens says hi. :D

I'll show it your picture and see if it feels inclined to flower,too.

How big is your plant?

Thanks everyone!

Went out on a limb and did a sib cross with this plant. Hoping the dorsal is a one time thing. The pollen parent was gnawed on by some type of creature so no pic :(

I've had the violascens for a little over year and it didn't start sending up a flower until it pushed out some new growth. It currently has one flowering growth and three immature growths. Potted in chopped NZSM, hydroton, a little bark and some chunk charcoal. I will post a plant pic when I get home.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone!

Went out on a limb and did a sib cross with this plant. Hoping the dorsal is a one time thing. The pollen parent was gnawed on by some type of creature so no pic :(

I've had the violascens for a little over year and it didn't start sending up a flower until it pushed out some new growth. It currently has one flowering growth and three immature growths. Potted in chopped NZSM, hydroton, a little bark and some chunk charcoal. I will post a plant pic when I get home.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the picture of the whole plant. It looks well grown, and it sounds good that it has more than one growth. Of what I've understood when it comes to violascens; the hard part is to keep them growing after they've flowered for the first time.

I've had mine for a about 2 ½ years and it has grown well, but slow. I hope I'll manage to flower it and keep it growing afterwards.

Latest posts

Back