Some picture of P. kovachii to make you sick :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it felt very cold when we were there. I believe day temperatures are around 20C and night at 12C. On the other hand we live in Tarapoto which is 300m above sea level in the Amazon so it felt very cold particularly for us. We are in T-shirt in the pictures because 1)all our other clothes, including the rain covers are drip wet and 2) the hike really warm you up (it’s not a beginner hike and you can forget about trails). The site where Kovachii grow is always rainy….it just rain all the time, everything is wet…..

Thanks, I'll move mine to a cooler place in the greenhouse.

Can we assume temperatures and rain are similar all year long?

From my experience, this region is always extremely wet. Now, during the summer, ''sometime'' their is a sunny day an temperature are generallly a few degrees higher. During the winter, never seen a day without rain. It is always surprising to see some Phragmipedium species (e.g. kovachii, boisserianum, pearcei) with the leaves always wet, while in culture, from what I remember we do everything we can to do not wet the leaves in fear of fungus attacking the plant.
Ciao

From my experience, this region is always extremely wet. Now, during the summer, ''sometime'' their is a sunny day an temperature are generallly a few degrees higher. During the winter, never seen a day without rain. It is always surprising to see some Phragmipedium species (e.g. kovachii, boisserianum, pearcei) with the leaves always wet, while in culture, from what I remember we do everything we can to do not wet the leaves in fear of fungus attacking the plant.
Ciao

Many thanks!

Nice picture! My friend went to habitat and told me that the cliffs are always sweating water and easily crumble.

Thanks for the pics.
It is always awesome to see plants in situ.
Very educational in terms of culture.

Wow! I want the one with a 22 cm natural spread! That's a beautiful flower and the size is unimaginable!

How did I miss this thread last year? I see that I never posted anything. I do not recognise any of the photos. As far as I'm concerned, this thread is brand new (to me); yet, I check out ST every day and I LOVE to read anything about kovachii. How did I miss such a great thread?

Enjoy?

I'm simply green with envy.

What a wonderful way to spend some time outdoors.

That is what I call a day well spent.

Keep sharing those in situ pics...they are really appreciated.

Latest posts

Back