Some picture of P. kovachii to make you sick :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog

Reaction score
These pictures were taken during our last population assessment, always a splendor.

Even if we try to keep ourselves professional and have done this type of assessment multiple times, a full blooming population of Kovachii always steal a smile. Here Cesar and Jose

Marco taking is work seriously

A monster with a flower of nearly 22cm across

Weeds

Hope you enjoy

I stand in awe!!! :drool:

Thank you very much for sharing these pictures!!!

To be surrounded by wild blooming kovachii, I'll never leave, than again, no one here would ever leave!

What was the weather like when you took these photos? Looks cold and damp and everything's wet, yet all of you are wearing t-shirts. Not as cold/clammy as it looks?

Absolutely fantastic to see these pictures, thank you for sharing!
That kovachii being measured has great shape, I've always imagined the wild kovachii's to be a bit of a dawg.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

It is so good to see kovachii still living in their natural habitat. Thanks!

And I'd love to be able to see those "weeds" in my back yard. Or even in my greenhouse!

You are brave souls to make that trek. The view is superb, but seeing all
those weeds makes me itch...ticks and leeches and no see 'ums. Oh my!
The plants so look much better where they belong, don't they?

What was the weather like when you took these photos? Looks cold and damp and everything's wet, yet all of you are wearing t-shirts. Not as cold/clammy as it looks?

Yes it felt very cold when we were there. I believe day temperatures are around 20C and night at 12C. On the other hand we live in Tarapoto which is 300m above sea level in the Amazon so it felt very cold particularly for us. We are in T-shirt in the pictures because 1)all our other clothes, including the rain covers are drip wet and 2) the hike really warm you up (it’s not a beginner hike and you can forget about trails). The site where Kovachii grow is always rainy….it just rain all the time, everything is wet…..

Wow!
It is amazing to see such pictures!
Do you pollinate the plants?
I wish I could go there sometime...

Nope, we let natural selection do it's thing.

I will try to post some more pictures in the comming days.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back