Some phal lueddemannianas

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have one phal lueddemanniana which has grown and keiki'ed prolifically, but has only just now ever flowered for me.

plueddarktiger1.JPG

plueddarktiger2.JPG

True to form, the flower spikes are very extensive and for these pictures I wound them back and forth over the pot. Under the lights they just grow wherever they want to, and and least they have the good sense to stay out of the lights (unlike phal sanderianum).

Next is a variety of phal lueddemanniana: var. delicata 'Orchidphile' CHM/AOS. It has flowered a few times but hasn't flowered every year. Instead it makes many keikis.

plueddelicata1.JPG

plueddelicata2.JPG

Wow! Those are very messy spikes... I wouldn't keep a plant like that for fear of snapping the spikes off... Anyway, you are going to have quite a few flowers to enjoy, aren't you, Charles? :D I see lots of branches on the spikes of the 1st plant... i think I need a lueddemanniana too...

This one has a pretty flower. These guys are keiki maddness!!:clap::clap:

Ed M has a monster plant that he mounted a couple of years ago that must have a dozen ++ adults now all with their own spikes/keikis/flowers. And since it smells so good it's like a wall of perfume when you get near it.:drool:

Latest posts

Back