Some Paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Just sharing some pics from recently and over the past year. I have a pretty nice bloom season coming up with some great roths in spike, so should have some updates in another month or so!

rothschildianum 'Red Baron' x 'Chester HIlls'

roth-CHx-RB-2-Copy.jpg

Paph lowii - monster plant I have grown for about 15+ years. At this point it now spikes three times a year, with 5-6 flowers.

Paph-lowii-july-20-Copy.jpg

Two sukhakuliis - Taiwan breeding, I actually have crossed these two and there is a nice pod growing on the darker one.

Paph-sukhakulii-1-Copy.jpg

Paph-sukhakulii-2-Copy.jpg

Paph haynaldianum 'High Color' x 'Ron' - I grew a flask of these and they have all been blooming out really nice!
haynaldianum-Copy.jpg

Paph gratrixianum - division from Tenman

gratrixianum-Copy.jpg

Paph Jack Tonkin 'Val's Choice' AM/AOS - earlier picture before the flowers turned white

Paph-Jack-Tonkin-Vals-Choice-Copy.jpg

Holy cow, what a great display. Almost all are areal feast for the eyes (don't tell it anybody I'm no so in complex Paphs). The monster plant of P. lowii is a eye catcher. 👍

Nice croup Justin. Which of the suks do you consider darker? The darker pouch or the second with darker petals?

Nice croup Justin. Which of the suks do you consider darker? The darker pouch or the second with darker petals?

Thanks Rick. I went with the darker pouch for the pod parent. The pictures don't really do the plants justice. They are really striking in person.

Wow~ How exciting!
Those are some really nice sukhakulii I have to say! What's the natural spread on the first one with the darker pouch?
So, lowii blooms throughout the year? I can't wait for mine to flourish like yours one day!
What potting mix are you using? I understand that this species is rather unique for paph in that they are often found growing on the tree according to some records.
Would love to see more roth as they come into bloom! Fingers crossed :)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The sukhakulii are both 13 cm NS. .

The lowii, I just grow them like my other Paphs. They are just in Orchiata mix w/ sponge rock and charcoal. I suspect this clone is 4n which is why it is so vigorous.

Nice display...my faves are the Roth, the lowii (of course!) and the gratrix, you got from Tenman (I normally looooove the ones with a lot of anthocyanin in the dorsal, but find the opposite, as in your plant, equally enticing). Your Red Baron x Chester Hill is, by the way, better than the ones from Popow, that I saw in Dresden two years ago.
Last, by no way least: kudos for growing that lowii to such impressive specimen size! 👍

Back