Some Paphs in flower around winter solstice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some Paphs in flower in these days around winter solstice.....maybe they want to reward me for the care they get.
Today we had a day with almost bright sunshine so it was the perfect light to take these phtos.
However, I would like to share these flowers with you and hope you will enjoy them.
Some more are in bud among them my very first Paph. micranthum..... 🤞

Paph. venustum fma. measuresianum (no selected plant but just a common one with reflexet petals)
07954_21.12.10__paph venustum fm. measuresianum.jpg

07965_21.12.10_paph venustum fm. measuresianum.jpg

Paph. hermannii
08090_21.12.20_paph hermannii.jpg

Paph. fairrieanum (the very first that I flower)
08101_21.12.20_paph fairrieanum.jpg

Paph. purpuratum
08130_21.12.20_paph purpuratum.jpg

Paph. spicerianum
08133_21.12.20_paph spicerianum.jpg

Last edited:
A nice Christmas gift for you.
Love hermannii, maybe I will be blooming mine next year, fairieanum Is always a win!

Nice, Rudolf, congratulations with the flowerings!

If your micrathum is in low bud, it's going to be interesting to see, when the flower is fully open. The only plant, I've flowered so far from that section, was a now defunct malipoense. Took 7-8 nerve wrecking months from low bud to full bloom! 🤯

Nice, Rudolf, congratulations with the flowerings!
If your micrathum is in low bud, it's going to be interesting to see, when the flower is fully open. The only plant, I've flowered so far from that section, was a now defunct malipoense. Took 7-8 nerve wrecking months from low bud to full bloom! 🤯

Thanks a lot, Jens.
The P. micranthum is more than in low bud....the flower stem is already 2-3 cm tall. I don't know when it will blossom out because I've never seen a Paph which flower develops so slowly. I think I saw the first signs of the sheath maybe in August ? At any rate I will show here photos of the flower.

I have some Paphs in flower in these days around winter solstice.....maybe they want to reward me for the care they get.
Today we had a day with almost bright sunshine so it was the perfect light to take these phtos.
However, I would like to share these flowers with you and hope you will enjoy them.
Some more are in bud among them my very first Paph. micranthum..... 🤞

Paph. venustum fma. measuresianum (no selected plant but just a common one with reflexet petals)
07954_21.12.10__paph venustum fm. measuresianum.jpg

07965_21.12.10_paph venustum fm. measuresianum.jpg

Paph. hermannii
08090_21.12.20_paph hermannii.jpg

Paph. fairrieanum (the very first that I flower)
08101_21.12.20_paph fairrieanum.jpg

Paph. purpuratum
08130_21.12.20_paph purpuratum.jpg

Paph. spicerianum
08133_21.12.20_paph spicerianum.jpg
Adoring all these. Every bit of charm that’s typically bred out is in these babies. Wonderful. The venustem has that Broadway torch song stance. Loving the hermanii’s ruching, the dainty joy of that fairrieanum, the complex yet symmetrical glory of that spicerianum. Beautiful, beautiful plants. Well done.

Last edited:
Those are all gorgeous. It's so nice to see some blooms during the shortest days of the year. I really like the purpuratum.

Back