Some Paphs from RHS London Orchid Show

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Police report in Peru included a member of the Portilla Family...do not tell me you were not aware of this: Pepe Portilla is a good freind of many peruvians. We felt sorry when we recognized a member of his family i n that police report. But I insist, THERE IS NO WAY TO HAVE LEGAL PK IN ECUDADOR...

in the 4th picture down there is a flower/plant named "sea ..." does anyone know what the full name is?

Thanks, I actually found it as few minutes after I posted the question. I really like the colors.

Police report in Peru included a member of the Portilla Family...do not tell me you were not aware of this: Pepe Portilla is a good freind of many peruvians. We felt sorry when we recognized a member of his family i n that police report. But I insist, THERE IS NO WAY TO HAVE LEGAL PK IN ECUDADOR...

I am aware. It was a misunderstanding. No one was charged. And I believe (I could be wrong about this) the plants were returned to the Peruvian owner the next day. Also none of the plants were slipper orchids. Ecuagenera does not have any PK in thier greenhouses. My point by asking was that Ecuagenera is not the Ecuadorian nursery people are hinting at.

Kyle

I am aware. It was a misunderstanding. No one was charged. And I believe (I could be wrong about this) the plants were returned to the Peruvian owner the next day. Also none of the plants were slipper orchids. Ecuagenera does not have any PK in thier greenhouses. My point by asking was that Ecuagenera is not the Ecuadorian nursery people are hinting at.

Kyle

I remember seeing this on the TV news in Peru, INRENA made a big deal out of it. I don't remember the names of the persons involved but the plants they showed were wild collected or at least looked like it. So I doubt they were returned to a "rightful" Peruvian owner.

Kyle

Was not a misunderstanding... Ecuagenera came to France 3 years ago, and some conservationist made a tape record (supposedly of course :D:D:D)where they speak about their "kovachii project" at a lunch. They offered kovachii plants on preorder as well.

They got a big batch of kovachii, planned to put some in the forest in Ecuador, and get botanists to discover it. Then they had a large stock in a remote nursery. I do not remember where I heard that tape, or if I heard it :drool::drool::drool:

I have got 1 picture of their storage area for wild collected kovachii, I find it back, and put it online...

My point that upsets me is that some people are dealing in plants fresh from the wild and plants from their nursery ( still from the wild, and established). Some shut up, some others will make a screensmoke with conservationism, school, baby feeding... and that they ar not likethe 'bad guys'. Quite a few people believe it, and they hide so carefully that only a couple peopl are aware. Of course if they were selling kovachii divisions from the "ecuadorean populations" ( sic...), people would acclaim how good conservationist they are. And blame Kovach for some wild collected plants. Just a matter of advertisement actually, both are in the same group...

Ecuagenera did wild collected cycads as well. They sold to 3 nuseries in America, and the story with the 10 plants imported by them illegally to USA was a bit biaised. They brought 10 SAMPLES not 10 plants only. Those were the samples for the larger order...

Back