Some paph species currently in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The first is a malipoense which has been in bloom for 8 weeks. The second is a delenatii alba that has just opened. The third is appletonianum v hainanense "Peggy" AM/AOS which has been in bloom for about 2 weeks. The fourth is a bellatulum that blooms for me reliably each year. The last one is a hangianum that I purchased from Hengduan about 5 years ago as a small plant. I'm really excited about the hangianum. I have another that I grew from flask, but I don't think it will bloom for 2-3 years. malipoense.JPG delenatii alba.JPG hainanense.JPG bellatulum.JPG hangianum.JPG MIke

Really nice pictures!
Do you keep your malipoense on the cooler side? Mine doesn't last anywhere near 8 weeks.
Can't wait to see the hangianum. The bud gets really huge and heavy as it develops so be sure to stake the inflorescence as soon as you can otherwise the bud will flop over onto the potting mix. My hangianum took 6 years from seedling to bloom. Good luck!

Really nice pictures!
Do you keep your malipoense on the cooler side? Mine doesn't last anywhere near 8 weeks.
Can't wait to see the hangianum. The bud gets really huge and heavy as it develops so be sure to stake the inflorescence as soon as you can otherwise the bud will flop over onto the potting mix. My hangianum took 6 years from seedling to bloom. Good luck!

Regarding the malipoense, it gets down to 60 in the winter and into the high 90s in the summer, but through late winter and into early spring the temperature rarely gets to 80 degrees. Also, it is a large plant with multiple growths, so that and the cooler temperatures likely contribute to the longevity. Mike

Lovely display, Mike!

I guess everybody hold their breaths in eager anticipation regarding that hangianum! I'm extra curious to see the end result, as I have quite a few plants in transit from mrs. Wenqing Perner at Hengduan - pre-order for now cancelled Dresdner Ostern...among others a hangianum 'Select'!

Kind regards, Jens

Latest posts

Back