Some P.concolor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werner.freitag

Reaction score
I made some photos of blooming P.concolor. Real dark yellows , like sulphuricum, are still missing, probabely all from nature.
There is a photo of a plant, sitting in a plastic pot in a kind of coarse sand since 7 years now ! Would like to know where te sand came from.......3P.concolor.jpg5P.concolor.jpg10P.concolor.jpg12P.concolor.jpg22P.concolor.jpg22P.concolor-6-2013.jpg23P.concolor.jpg24P.concolor.jpg

thanks for your comments !
yes, here they are easily blooming
origin is unclear, but they cannot all come from the same place, maybe same region ?
the color is a little bit more yellow , because of phone camera
still looking for real yellow ones and var.

have a good week

Werner, do you find the wild ones adapt easily to cultivation once ex-situ? And reflowers again? I guess one criteria is how long they bake in the sun beforehand.

here, yes, the Brachys at least. Others , not always.
I ordered 2 P.micranthum from China in Corona times, took 30 days in the mail, just wrapped in paper towel with disinfactant, after 1 day in water in perfect shape.

I made some photos of blooming P.concolor. Real dark yellows , like sulphuricum, are still missing, probabely all from nature.
There is a photo of a plant, sitting in a plastic pot in a kind of coarse sand since 7 years now ! Would like to know where te sand came from.......View attachment 20831View attachment 20832View attachment 20833View attachment 20834View attachment 20835View attachment 20836View attachment 20837View attachment 20838
The photo of the mix is blurry but I wonder, could it be Kanuma?

thanks for this hint
but Kanuma is acidic
there are other kinds of Japanese pumice, I found now

Latest posts

Back