Some of my Paphs of the section Sigmatopetalum in 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First one in flower is Paphiopedilum acmodontum : (@ Leslie .... in the end you beat me more than one week with your plant)

09582_23.03.25_paph_acmodontum.jpg

09585_23.03.25_paph_acmodontum.jpg

Last edited:
Great blooming Rudolf. Well balance, both structure and color.
I have always wondered why this species has not been utilized more in hybridization.

After only 11 months my Paph. venustum fma. albescens (measuresianum) is flowering again. This time with 2 flowers. So far it seems to me that this plant is more vigorous in my conditions than the normal coloured Paph. venustum. If you look closely at the base of the petals you will find these tiny dark spots, they look like dust. Therefore I'm not sure whether I can name it fma. measuresianum or not.

10274_23.10.31_paph_venustum_albescens.jpg

10277_23.10.31_paph_venustum_albescens.jpg

10278_23.10.31_paph_venustum_albescens.jpg

After only 11 months my Paph. venustum fma. albescens (measuresianum) is flowering again. This time with 2 flowers ..... If you look closely at the base of the petals you will find these tiny dark spots, they look like dust. Therefore I'm not sure whether I can name it fma. measuresianum or not.
No reason to be in doubt, Rudolf: you can't! Anthocyanin is anthocyanin - and your plant ain't fma. measuresianum.
Stick with fma. albescens - and enjoy the beautiful flowers for what they are! 🙂

Whichever for it is does not take away from it beauty or the grower's skill. Fantastic flowers and pictures. Hopefully mine will look this good one day. They are still babies at the moment.

Back