some of my nepenthes...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
some of the nepenthes that i grow with my orchids... they are very hardy and need little care..
IMG_0906.jpg

nepenthes rafflesiana 'pink', i bought this from Cameron Highlands not too long ago.. this is a lower pitcher.

IMG_0938.jpg

an unidentified species/hybrid? from the Cameron Highlands too.. it was initially overwhelmed by a begonia growing in its pot..

IMG_0931.jpg

nepenthes Mirranda, one of my oldest nepenthes.. large pitchers up to 7 inches.. this one just opened..
IMG_0933.jpg

a mature Mirranda pitcher.

IMG_0926.jpg

nepenthes rafflesiana, the typical form. this one keeps growing larger and larger... this pitcher newly-opened..
IMG_0916.jpg

a mature rafflesiana pitcher..

IMG_0920.jpg

nepenthes truncata.. this has heart-shaped leaves.. it is slow growing though...

'Mirranda' is also my favorite. Those plants always amaze me. They are so different.

The last time I was at the Atlanta botanical garden they had a bunch of these growing in the atrium. They are neat but they are way to big for my apartment. thanks for the photos.

they are not choosy... just keep them like paphs, without fertiliser... Mirranda does take up space... but rafflesiana, ampullaria and hookeriana (rafflesiana x ampullaria) are reasonably sized... they are obviously smaller than paph kolo and its hybrids...:p

Latest posts

Back