Some of my Dendrobiums

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Inguna

Here are a few pictures of my dendrobiums that have flowered this spring:)

Dendrobium densiflorum
Dendrobium-densiflorum-2011-2a.jpg

Dendrobium wardianum
Dendrobium-wardianum1b.jpg

Dendrobium lindleyi
Dendrobium-lindleyii9a.jpg

Dendrobium-lindleyii10a.jpg

Dendrobium sulcatum
Dendrobium-sulcatum2011-1a.jpg

Dendrobium-sulcatum7.jpg

Dendrobium aphyllum
Dendrobium-aphyllum2011-2a.jpg

Dendrobium trantuanii
dendrobium-trantuanii5a.jpg

Dendrobium aduncum
Dendrobium-aduncum1a.jpg

Dendrobium loddigesii
Dendrobium-loddigesii2011-4b.jpg

Lovely plants. You definitely are doing very well with these. Congrats.

:clap::clap::clap:Magnificent blooms and plants!! Your Dendro's really love you-super growing!!!

I love them all but my favorite is Dendrobium aphyllum or Dendrobium cucullatum as I believe its correctly known. How are you growing trantuanii? I grow mine in pots as I've had little success with mounted plants.

Regards, Mick

Thank you all for compliments and nice comments!:rollhappy:
Indeed, some dendrobiums grow well in my place, no too much efforts needed:)

How are you growing trantuanii?
It is mounted on a small piece of cork. I summer I water it every day, sometimes even 2x per day, in winter I reduce watering, but not for extended periods. Good light, intermediate t°.

my favorite is Dendrobium aphyllum or Dendrobium cucullatum as I believe its correctly known
Dendrobium pierardii, D. aphyllum and D.cucullatum indeed are synonyms of the same species.

Thank you all for compliments and nice comments!:rollhappy:
Indeed, some dendrobiums grow well in my place, no too much efforts needed:)

It is mounted on a small piece of cork. I summer I water it every day, sometimes even 2x per day, in winter I reduce watering, but not for extended periods. Good light, intermediate t°.

Dendrobium pierardii, D. aphyllum and D.cucullatum indeed are synonyms of the same species.

Unfortunately many people in Vietnam buy trantuanii mounted in the markets and they die soon after.
My wife and I are often travelling so we can't water the plants as often as you but they thrive in a well drained mix.

We have quite a few trantuanii, they were about to bloom when I returned to Australia last week. My wife will be pollinating some of the flowers over the next couple of days so hopefully we'll produce some flasks of this interesting and still relatively unknown species.

I had a look at the photos on your flickr page. You have some stunning plants. Dendrobium brymerianum and Coelogyne mayeriana are favorites of mine.

Regards, Mick

Thank you all!

Beautiful! I have never seen sulcatum with so many flowers.. What is your secret? ;)
In summer lightly shaded, lots of water, manuring like all other orchids
In winter it gets all light that one can get during grey belgian winter, I keep it on dry side, but never dry for extended periods, intermediate t° (13°-15°C at night).
Still sulcatum is my problem plant, because it makes pleated leaves, no matter what I do. Two years ago even canes were defformed. I guess it has to do with too low air humidity in summer. Surprisingly (luckily) it doesn't affect flowering:)

My pierardii just opened 2 (!!) blooms, is showing some keikis, but a blooming like yours
What can I say? Maybe more light during winter is needed? Maybe I just have a good clone? Maybe Akerne's rain mix does wonders? :)

Back